Post your favorite recipe.
So, me and my boyfriend saw this on Diner, Drive-Ins and Drives a while ago. So I decided to try it one day and it was AWESOME!!! Try in out and me how you like it!! It was a nice guilty pleasure.
6 large eggs
5 tablespoons sugar
2 cups 2% milk (you can use heavy cream instead if you want)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup butter
1 (16 ounce) box Cap’n Crunch cereal (don’t use the cheaper brands)
1 loaf Texas toast thick bread
- Pour Cap’n Crunch into a gallon-size ziplock bag and crush to a course meal — make sure there are a few good size pieces in the mix. Pour into a 9×13 pan in order to dredge properly.
- Combine eggs, sugar, cream, vanilla, and spices in a large bowl. It will have the consistency of custard.
- Soak each slice of Texas Toast in wet ingredients, 30 seconds each side. Be sure the edges are moist, too.
- Dredge in Cap’n Crunch, lightly press onto each side, and around the crust. Place on parchment paper until all slices are coated.
- Heat 2 tbs. butter in large skillet, then gently place slices in pan; two at a time.
- Cook three minutes per side. Place on parchment covered baking pan in a warm oven