First, I would like to say thank you to Cantu for contacting me to try these products out. Everyone knows that the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner has been a staple in my hair regimen since before I even went natural and I swear by it to this day.
So I was given the opportunity to try out 3 out of the 6 Cantu Shea Butter for Naturals hair products. I was sent the Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream, Coconut Curling Cream and the Coconut Milk Shine & Hold Mist. All of these products contain No Mineral Oil, Sulfates, Parabens, Silicone, Phthalates, Gluten, Paraffin, Propylene, PABA or DEA. These products are very inexpensive retailing way under $10 and very accessible. I did a review and demo on my YouTube Channel, which you can check out here. I just want to go through and some of my pros and cons on each product.
I used this product as a light leave in for my hair . It definitely made my hair feel soft and gave it some shine!
- Very Light
- Has enough slip to detangle
- a little goes a long way
- Smells AMAZING!!
- Creamy Gel like Feel
- Can get a little sticky if too much is use (be careful)
I used this product as my actual styler for my braid/twists out. I must say I really like the definition I got from using this.
- Of Course the Smell is GREAT!
- Very Thick in consistency
- Gives good hold and definition
- Can be used on wet or dry hair
- Sorry I don’t really have any for this. I was exactly what I thought it was, I did exactly what I thought it would and more!
I sprayed this product after I finished my braids and then again after I took them out.
- Nice Shine
- Seals in moisture pretty well
- Smells Great as Well
- Nozzle didn’t work too well. Kinda sprayed out in a “stream” way. Could’ve just been a faulty batch.
Overall, I would say I really enjoyed these products. My favorite being the Coconut Curling Cream. It is so rich and creamy, which I love. I love that this line stayed consistent with that coconut smell!! I LOVE IT!! I am definitely going to go out and try out the rest of the line, I pretty curious of how the Deep Conditioning Treatment Masque will work on my hair, so that may be next. Take a look at my Day 1 and 2 results below (FYI: I did not re moisturize my hair at all throughout the week). Feel free to comment under this post if you have any questions.
Disclaimer: I was sent these products for consideration. All opinions are my own and truthful
Now on to the GIVEAWAY!!!
So you guys know that I am all about Social Networking, so this giveaway is all about connecting with me!!! So Here are the rules!!
- You must be a subscriber to my YouTube Channel
- Follow CantuBeauty on Facebook
- Follow Me TotalDivaRea on Facebook and leave a comment saying: “I’ve Entered the Cantu Giveaway” (You can leave comment once a day!)
Prize: Winner will receive ALL 3 of the items mention in this post: The Curl Activator Cream, Coconut Curling Cream & The Coconut Milk Shine & Hold Mist
You must 18 or older (or have parental consent). And you must live in the US.
Giveaway ends, February 28, 2013 11:59pm EST
Don’t forget to follow my website, by entering your email in the box at the upper right hand corner of the page and click, “Follow” and That’s it!!